NanoNote bricked by reflash

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Thu Jul 8 09:03:23 EDT 2010

Oleg,

> Software & hardware (by shorting of "USB boot" pins in battery slot)
> switching to USB-boot mode does not USB-port switch on.
> When I switch another NanoNote to "USB boot", device 601a:4740 is
> visible by 'lsusb' at the same computer.

You mean you have 2 NanoNotes, and in one you can successully go into
USB-boot mode with the USB boot pins and you see 0x601a:4740, but in
the other one you cannot?

> Does it possible direct NAND-reflashing, for example by JZ4720's JTAG,
> or may be serial console connecting method may be helpful for me?

No that wouldn't help. The CPU's boot ROM checks the USB boot pins and
then enters USB boot mode. So there are only two options:

1) the CPU or board is electrically damaged/broken, then no matter what
you have in NAND it would never boot anyway
2) on that second NanoNote, you didn't successfully short the USB boot
pins. That is less likely if you are able to do it successfully on
another device, but then since your problems started after reflashing,
I highly suspect it's a simple problem of getting the CPU into USB
boot mode (i.e. really shorting those two USB boot pins), and not
another defect.

Are you shorting the USB boot pins with the carbonized rubber button?
Do you know another NanoNote user who could double-check the USB boot
issue on your device?
Wolfgang