NanoNote bricked by reflash

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:20:14 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 07:53:36PM +0400, Oleg Sadov wrote:
> 08/07/2010 14:54 +0000, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> > Oleg,
> >
> > > No, I don't have this one near at hand at this moment -- I used the
> > > metal connectors.
> >
> > Unless you know what you are doing, please be careful with metal connectors.
> > Most likely holding a knife or other kitchen utensil there won't work :-)
>
> Sure ;)))
>
> > If you cannot find the carbonized rubber button, email me your shipping
> > address and we'll mail you a replacement one in regular mail...
>
> Thanks, Wolfgang.
>
> > I had some success in shorting the pints with aluminum foil, but you need
> > to press quite firmly. By far the best is to use or wait for the carbonized
> > rubber button...
>
> I've used a cooper foil with a current-carrying glue layer.

Speaking as one that had major issues getting it reflashed (which now isnt a problem with new bootloader).
I found the best approach to be aluminum foil (also thanks to wolfgang), make sure
the contacts are clean (they easily get grease on them) also change the foil frequently as
they also get dirty and stops working.

Once it took me 2 hours of eager trying before I got into usbmode so just keep at it.