3D Scanning

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Thu Jul 8 16:59:25 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Daniel Clark <dclark at pobox.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone; just requested a quote.
>
> Also it's possible Wolfgang and I may be able to get into an MIT lab
> with a 3d scanner during his visit to Cambridge :-D
>
> This is what I put in the various fields:
>
> Be able to modify the file to create derivative works. "Print a case
> for my nano and make a derivative."
>
> blender (.obj, .3ds, or .blend); AOI (.aoi); Heekscad (.stl (ascii)).
>
> dimension (mm): 99 x 75 x 17.5 (lid closed)
>
> mesh/STL
>
> 200 micron per layer
>
> Detailed 2d stuff at http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/design/casing/

So someone I've been chatting with about something completely
different (a NixOS port for loongson2f, and path64 compiler stuff) -
viriketo at gmail.com - happens to do 3d scanning as well.

He wasn't sure what was meant by "layer" in "200 micron per layer"
accuracy. Can someone with clue speak to that?

--
        \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com