3D Scanning

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 03:11:33 EDT 2010

Hello Cristian,

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 08:35:20PM -0500, cristian paul peñaranda rojas wrote:

> > He wasn't sure what was meant by "layer" in "200 micron per layer"
> > accuracy. Can someone with clue speak to that?
> well i not sure is thats a basic measure for 3D scanning
> but in 3D priting wich is done layer by layer
> it is,
> but reading a bit more i think i want mean:
>
>  Volumetric Accuracy
>
> so one good value will be:
>
>   20µm + 0.1 L /1000

Sorry, but we also don't understand this measure, specially
for the litres part.

We usually work with errors in every axis. For example, 100µm for X, Y and Z.
And then you clarify what axis means what; for example, for Z you may mean the
small height of the parts, while by X-Y you would mean the keyboard plane.

If you want I can try to scan some object, and you can judge if that fits your
needs.

I could advice also about the accuracy if I knew what do you need the scan for.

Regards,
Lluís.