3D Scanning

cristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Fri Jul 9 10:06:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 09:11:33AM +0200, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> Hello Cristian,

> We usually work with errors in every axis. For example, 100µm for X, Y and Z.
> And then you clarify what axis means what; for example, for Z you may mean the
> small height of the parts, while by X-Y you would mean the keyboard plane.

i thats okay for starting point

> If you want I can try to scan some object, and you can judge if that fits your
> needs.

Will be nice, something with small details like a PDA or Smartphone is a good sample

> I could advice also about the accuracy if I knew what do you need the scan for.

yes, the idea is scan a Ben nanonote case it is composed of 6 parts if i remenber well,

here are the pics (sorry some are blur i need better light at home)

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0601.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0600.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0599.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0597.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0596.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0595.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0594.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0592.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0591.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0590.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0589.JPG
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:IMG_0588.JPG

Every block in the paper sheet is 5mm x 5mm
so you can get an idea

let me know how else i can help