Serial port and gps issues

cristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Fri Jul 9 10:50:54 EDT 2010

hello,

I had wired the GPS module to the nanote, sofware side seems to be okay but...

 I got an issue related with the SIM548 module confirmed in both openwrt and Jlime firmware, also in two Ben boards

 GPS works just when the TX pin from it is wired to the Nanonote RX (i confirmed cause both picocom and gpsd show data coming from)

 But if RX is wired the tranmistion stoped :/, seems not be a power issue after tested with separate 3V3 power
 Is not gpsd, it also happen with picocom terminal.

 Peding dig using a xoscope to see what is really happening with data coming from gps

 Seems so far that serial port cant send and receive and the same time? is it a kernel issue? buffer issue?

Help is wellcome and testing with other gps devices will help ;)

More info at:

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/GPS

saludos

cristian paul