Iris runs from SD card

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Fri Jul 9 17:25:45 EDT 2010

Iris is totally new OS (not linux ,not bsd ) based on  microkernel aproach,
that Bas is developing from scratch and he luckily has decided to use BNN as
the first platform to run it. In this model security between proccess is the
key feature.
It is on early stages but advancing at amazing good rithm , if you compare
with other initiatives based on same approach like HURD from GNU ,that afaik
it is not funtional after a pair of decades.
Now we can test and play with it from a sd card without need to reflash that
for me is a really good news due since I saw it in action at fosdem in the
proto-BNN of Bas I was realy courios on play with it
Way to go Bas!

I feel a bit out of the loop. What's iris?

paul at kristianpaul.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 03:01:32PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> This is the moment you've ...

> I'll test it to night with a 32Mbi SD card, those are great news indeed :)

Subscribe or Unsubscribe:

Subscribe or Unsubscribe: