Iris runs from SD card

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sun Jul 11 11:58:02 EDT 2010

On 07/11/2010 02:38 AM, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A few notes:
>
> Since I couldn't test the u-boot step, I didn't notice that the image
> identified itself as powerpc.  I fixed that.  A new image (with today's
> date) is on http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/bas/.

now it's give another error:
NanoNote# fatload mmc 0 0x80600000 uimage
reading uimage

160920 bytes read
NanoNote# bootm
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80600000 ...
    Image Name:   Iris
    Image Type:   MIPS Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    160856 Bytes = 157.1 KiB
    Load Address: 80000000
    Entry Point:  a0023000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: Bad gzipped data
GUNZIP: uncompress, out-of-mem or overwrite error - must RESET board to recover

> For compiling, I forgot that the server needs the headers to be
> preprocessed by pypp.  This is a bootstrapping problem, because the
> build assumes the server is already running.
>
> However, it's not a big problem, all you need to do is compile Iris
> first, which will compile the server and fail on restarting it, then
> start the server and rerun make, which will then work.  I've changed
> this in the instructions on the wiki.

I follow the wiki step. I am try to compile the sd card image.

1. Go to mips/nanonote/server and run autoreconf -fis; ./configure --prefix=/tmp

it give me:
xiangfu at openmobilefree:~/workspace/iris.git$ make setup
make: *** No rule to make target `setup'.  Stop.
xiangfu at openmobilefree:~/workspace/iris.git$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `init.elf', needed by `mips/entry.o'.  Stop.

> Also, I didn't mention the serial port speed, if you want to look at its
> output.  It should be set to 9600 baud.  This is automatically done if
> you run "make setup", which also starts the usb server.
>
> Thanks,
> Bas

Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu