Iris runs from SD card

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Mon Jul 12 02:30:19 EDT 2010

Hi Xiangfu,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:59:52AM +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> thanks. now I got the iris-sd.tar compiled :)

Very nice to hear that!  Given your previous message, it will not work
to put it on an sd card to boot from it.  Instead, you will need to do
"make setup", and then "make test", while the NanoNote is in usb boot
mode.  You do need to have the sd card inserted as well; most of the
boot happens from it anyway, only the kernel is taken from usb.

I'm not sure if holding U on boot will work; please try and let me know.
If it doesn't work, hardware usb boot mode (shorting the usbboot pins
under the battery cover) should work in any case.

Please let my know if you manage to boot it.

Thanks,
Bas