Ben/Ya: JTAG

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Mon Jul 12 03:01:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 03:06:43AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> In Openmoko, we had JTAG debugging capabilities, but at least I rarely
> found them useful, particularly given that JTAG would get very
> confused when suspending the device.  (Naturally, the most interesting
> bugs happened around suspend/ resume.)
>
> So I wonder if anyone has an actual use case for JTAG in the
> Ya/Ben ?

I don't, but for Iris I considered supporting the interface in the
kernel (it obviously cannot be done from user space).  I decided not to
do this, since it's a lot of work, and it doesn't really bring any gain.
This may be different for Linux, where you can debug drivers with it.
But on Iris, drivers can already be debugged normally, because they are
normal programs.

Thanks,
Bas