Ya: expansion bay idea

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:45:39 EDT 2010

Hi
I have been thinking about this idea. There are two types of users, SW and
HW, right now, is hard to use the BEN HW for another application, the TPs
are very smalls and are located around the board. So, Is important for YA
make some important signals available for HW hackers.

The first step will be choice which signals are useful for HW hackers. Then,
we must choice the best way to provide them.

As Wolfgang said Ya will have the same case than BEN, maybe with an
aditional USB host port. so, My proposal for YA expansion is similar to
Werner's idea, but include more signals, like data, address & control buses.
I like the NINTENDO's cartridge format, you ca use this interface to plug
any HW like cameras, GPS, etc. If we place a footprint under the battery,
the HW people can use it, and for the commercial product we don't populate
this component.

Best Regards

Carlos

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño