3D Scanning

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:17:52 EDT 2010

Alright, stupid question time. Can you guys that can scan also

On Jul 13, 2010 4:02 PM, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:

Llu?s Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> Those files include only the 'points', but not the triangulation (so...
I think the DXF and the STL files have the mesh, the STL even with
normals. In any case, the point cloud is very regular. It's basically
a regular X/Y grid, plus the altitude at which the scanner hit the
object. The only complication is that points where it didn't hit
anything are omitted.

> I'll try to work on that (with more accurate scans) once having a nanonote
> at hand.
Perfect ! I'll keep on scanning for now in case you run into any
snags, but you'll probably have much better results. Are there any
parts where you'd expect difficulties with your scanner ?