3D Scanning

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:19:26 EDT 2010

Oops, sorry, my message sent out too soon. Anyway, how many of you can
print, as well as scan, and those of you with 3d printing capabilities, what
materials can you use?

On Jul 13, 2010 4:02 PM, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:

Llu?s Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> Those files include only the 'points', but not the triangulation (so...
I think the DXF and the STL files have the mesh, the STL even with
normals. In any case, the point cloud is very regular. It's basically
a regular X/Y grid, plus the altitude at which the scanner hit the
object. The only complication is that points where it didn't hit
anything are omitted.

> I'll try to work on that (with more accurate scans) once having a nanonote
> at hand.
Perfect ! I'll keep on scanning for now in case you run into any
snags, but you'll probably have much better results. Are there any
parts where you'd expect difficulties with your scanner ?