vertical space (was Re: 3D Scanning)

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Wed Jul 14 21:54:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

> The Ya CPU 4760 have OTG USB, we need to make some test on 4760 reference
> board first, in AVT2 board, one BEN variant, we use a DC/DC converter for
> USB host power supply. SAKC use 4725, this chip has usb device only

XiangFu used the OTG USB mini-AB receptacle on the 4760 reference
board to reflash it.
The mini-AB receptacle by Ingenic is not good chose for comparing to
coming popularly with micro-AB receptacle. If using 4760 surely the
OTG-type connector, the case may be without changing tremendously.

>> Perhaps the keyboard's voracity could be contained a little by
>> adding some multiplexer or even an MCU dedicated to just keyboard
>> handling.
>
> I like the idea of using a little MCU so, the people can create different
> interfaces, push buttons, capacitive, etc, so we must provide 3 or 4 lines
> for ISP.
>>
>> The current on VCC and GND may also be too large for that FPC,
>> requiring either multiple traces, or an additional FPC/cable.
>
> Agree

This LCD board with CPU or other chips idea is very good but can't
solve making complicated FPC/cable and facing unexpected EMIs
encountered if we don't modify the mechanical case.
Adam