Emedded controller used by OLPC

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Thu Jul 15 07:51:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Sébastien Bourdeauducq
<sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 July 2010 00:23:11 Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
>> OLPC uses an embedded keyboard controller [1,2,3]
>> from ENE Technology, Inc.
>
> Hmm... what's the point here?

I chatted with Wolfgang about this recently... in non-x86 /
designed-for-mobility devices, EC functions are just integrated
elsewhere to avoid the power overhead of another processor, so he
didn't think this was of interest to any current or probable near
future Sharism projects.

--
        \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com