3D Scanning

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 10:24:32 EDT 2010

Being able to read the microsd is really cool, but I'm just after a
composite scan of the whole nn, and with what I need it for, a 1mm scan
would do fine. You think you could focus on that soon, so I have somethin to
play around with?

On Jul 16, 2010 6:53 AM, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:

I wrote:
> A 0.1 mm scan is
> running now and should finish Friday morning UTC.
The best-laid plans of mice and men ... yesterday, a brown-out took
the PC doing the scanning down and along with it the ~50% complete
scan. So I restarted it. Today, I thought I'd outsmart Murphy and
take a snapshot of the virtual machine at 35%. Murphy likes it when
we get cocky, and the application hung after the snapshot.

Anyway, I've uploaded the 35% I have for now. The "RESET" isn't
quite readable but the "MICRO SD" looks pretty good.

http://www.almesberger.net/misc/ben/scan/
Note that there seems to be an anomaly in all of the scans: at the
location of the LED hole on the right side of the bottom shell, the
case appears to have a dent. There is none in reality. Note sure
what causes this artefact - maybe the transition from hard plastic
to rubber somehow confuses the scanner.