revisiting the 434 MHz band

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:47:20 EDT 2010

If memory serves, in Fall 2010 there was a run
of n=10 or so of a somewhat revised Nanonote design.

I think (but am not certain) the protos were made
using Gerbers from kicad rather than the
proprietary CAD that defines current production Nanonotes.

Carlos was involved; the RAM was bumped to 64MB,
and somehow those protos had working USB Host
capability.

At one  time the protos were offered for sale
at $198 (2x the production) with no plastic case and
(I think) no LCD module and no keyboard. Basically
you had to sacrifice a production NN to get the
proto running.

The 2x regular price DID entitle the buyer to a
production "next gen" Nanonote when it became
available.

Werner, do you have one of those protos?

who ~does~ own those rare special run Nanonotes,
or have they gone off to the bit bin  in the sky?
---
Ron K. Jeffries