Chie: open source reconfigurable network camera

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Fri Jul 23 05:58:13 EDT 2010

Ignacio,
great information, thanks!

I think one reason CMOS image sensors have become popular is because you
can integrate image processing logic on the same die. In our case, we will
hook up the CIS to an FPGA, so we actually want as little as possible
image processing logic in the CIS.
The point of the Xue camera is to program the CIS with free software.
Another important criteria would be open datasheet.
Linux kernel driver (for the CIS) doesn't matter, we will be talking to
the CIS from the FPGA anyway.

Well, this is my understanding anyway, we are exploring and learning...
Wolfgang