3D Scanning

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:23:04 EDT 2010

You sure we couldn't use a different metal? One that isn't so toxic? I'm not
sure if I'm okay with having the nanonote associated with large quantities
of lead...

On Jul 23, 2010 8:06 AM, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> so the goal of your Nanonote counterweight
> project is to turn air into le...
Yup, and then lead to gold should be trivial ;-)

I actually hope to do it with a Pb67Sn33 alloy, because its lower
melting point would make it a bit easier to cast, should that be
necessary (either to make the actual piece or also to make a
block of suitable size to mill.)

Pure tin would be desirable for its low toxicity, but its low
density (7.28 g/cm3 vs. 11.34 for lead and 10.00 for Pb67Sn33)
probably make it too light for the available volume.

My current calculations give me about 7 mNm for Pb67Sn33 at a
weight of 17 g, which should be just enough. The next step is
to make a model of wax and see how well it fits.