revisiting the 434 MHz band

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:32:28 EDT 2010

Hm. I never thought of bluetooth being as useful, but I forgot about using
mice and such. There's going to be usb host on the ya, right? If we have usb
host, and bluetooth, then the accessories people want to plug into the ya
(mouse, keyboard, etc) can be moved to the bt stack, and the usbhost can
just be used with an off the shelf wifi dongle, right? It seems that with
those two combined, you really get the best deal all around.

On Jul 23, 2010 11:20 AM, "Rikard Lindström" <ornotermes at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org>
wrote:

> A third option ...
I would personally prefer bluetooth before WiFi and other types of
radio, i would have so much more use for it. There might not be hot
spots the same way as for WiFi but it could let NanoNote communicate
with mice, keyboards, cellphones (Internet access everywhere),
laptops, desktops, PDAs, Lego and more. And compared to the other
radios (434/868/915MHz) discussed here, Bluetooth is already in a lot
of electronics out there. I already have it for most of my computers.

I don't know what it would cost to implement bluetooth but there is
really cheap and really small usb-bluetooth adapters out there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-USB-2-0-BLUETOOTH-V2-0-EDR-DONGLE-WIRELESS-ADAPTER-/270598764867
http://gallery.slashhome.se/main.php?g2_itemId=2710