3D Scanning

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jul 23 17:25:57 EDT 2010

cristian paul pe?aranda rojas wrote:
> I have Heekscad running, so how i can help?

Thanks ! I've now identified the source of the problem - it's that
HeeksCAD doesn't like the X on my desktop PC. Could be the lack of
OpenGL hardware acceleration or it could be the three screens. I
suspect the former. I have Mesa installed, but that may have quit
working.

It runs well on another of my PCs, so I think I'll be fine.

> you mean toolpath build
> tuhe 3D model upon the scanned object?

I mean to generate the path along which to move the endmill
across the piece to produce the model. I used the scan data only
to get parameters for the model, but I made the model manually.
It's very simple - a set of connected hexahedra with a rectangular
footprint, a flat upper surface, and a lower surface that follows
the case. This plot shows the lower surface:
http://www.almesberger.net/misc/ben/counterweight.gnuplot