SACK V2 test

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Fri Jul 23 23:13:00 EDT 2010

Carlos,

> One SAKC photo showing the LCD circuit
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:SAKC.jpg

Nice picture! Actually it also shows one of the questions I have right now:
The LCM connector points inwards, so the LCM is above the PCB. If we ship
the set, we will just put both pieces (PCB and LCM) into the box, but how
can it be assembled and used practically?

You are putting a little plastic envelope under LCM to avoid short circuits,
is that what we want? Should we include some kind of system to attach
the LCM above the PCB and keep it at distance? Should the LCM connector
point outwards (away from the board)?
In your design, it looks like the LCM will be right above the main header
coming out from the FPGA - where people will hookup/solder their wires and
modules to. Is that on purpose?

Wolfgang