Software Based GPS

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net
Sat Jul 24 03:12:34 EDT 2010

On Saturday 24 July 2010 05:15:30 cristian paul peñaranda rojas wrote:
> I want share this link about software based GPS
>
> http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/software-gps.html
>
> It gives the idea or what is required to have a open GPS stack

A bit more serious - with much older technology, but he did it instead of just
cheap talk about proprietary products:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/theory.html
and the other pages, see links at the top... photos of the device:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps1.jpg
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps2.jpg
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps3.jpg

It always amazes me why there are so few links between the amateur radio
community and the hardware hacking/DIY/open hardware community. Amateur radios
often come up with ideas and solutions that are far more complete and
interesting than the lightweight Arduino-based blinking-LED crap the DIY
community is full of, and I think it's worth it to have a look at what they
are doing.

S.