3D Scanning

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 24 19:48:47 EDT 2010

James Xakh Lynch wrote:
> I was just brainstorming. If we could spread out the bottom more, by adding
> little "feet",

Yes, that was my idea with extending the rear. We should of course
not add any major protrusions, as they would complicate the handling
of the device (e.g., it could get caught when sliding it into a
pocket) and may break off.

Instead of "feet", also a bar across the whole width of the device
or two shorter bars would work, and would be a bit less susceptible
to breaking.

> or just extending the space beyond the keyboard, it would
> balance the machine and give us more internal space.

Ah, but that would make the whole device bigger. Also, you'd have to
increase the size of the top shell to match.

> On Jul 24, 2010 3:25 AM, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:
> The keyboard is in the scanner. I'll weigh it later.

It's only 10.8 g.