revisiting the 434 MHz band

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 24 20:06:41 EDT 2010

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> What user problem do we wish to solve?

How about "connectivity without cable or the need to aim" ? :)

My minimum requirement would be the ability to connect to something
in the next room. Better if it can be further away. Better if this
something can be from a large class of devices.

There are a number of constraints, such as that the technology must
actually work, it must be usable globally, it must be possible to
design and produce this within the limits of this project, and the
solution has to be sufficiently open and long-term viable.