Software Based GPS

JDH services jaydeeaich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 20:51:06 EDT 2010

On 7/24/10, Sébastien Bourdeauducq <sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 July 2010 05:15:30 cristian paul peñaranda rojas wrote:
>  > I want share this link about software based GPS
>  >
>  > http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/software-gps.html
>  >
>  > It gives the idea or what is required to have a open GPS stack
>

> A bit more serious - with much older technology, but he did it instead of just
>  cheap talk about proprietary products:
>  http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/theory.html
>  and the other pages, see links at the top... photos of the device:
>  http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps1.jpg
>  http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps2.jpg
>  http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/navsats/gps3.jpg
>
>  It always amazes me why there are so few links between the amateur radio
>  community and the hardware hacking/DIY/open hardware community.

it's not surprising that their isn't much overlap with the
digital/commercial (DIY/open hardware community) and the ham
community.

name two successful NON-commercial DIY/open hardware projects?

HAM has the same level as pro RF because it requires the same
licensing as pro RF. The greater number of DIYer in the HAM community
is compensated for by the fact that they revoke HAM licenses on
character grounds when you are convicted of HAM related crimes.

Read up on D-STAR(Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio)

you can't use it for international transmissions because it would
violate international law.

Sincerely,
Panthera Tigris Altaica