Debian Nanonote port

Mark Tuson markfptuson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:52:07 EDT 2010

Hello, I'm just wondering how the Debian port to the Nano is coming
along - it's much nicer than OpenWRT (to me, at least), and I've tried
it out, but with the keymappings and passwd being broken, I obviously
can't really use it at the moment. Is that a problem with my setup, or
is it something that's been recognized, and is being worked on?

Also, are there any plans to include the entire GNU toolset (as opposed
to just cc) into the image, and to enable changes to the display font
without patching the kernel (maybe by including the patch with the
kernel as an alternate version)? Because when it's working properly with
Debian, I'll just be using it as a little computer, not using it as an
embedded platform for a specific job. That means I'll be using it to
write and compile code (should make learning C easier, I'll just be able
to take my box with me) and screen-space will be precious.

Thank you very much; I look forward to your reply. Mark.