Design Files/Gerbers of SAKC V2

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Thu Jul 29 07:41:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I found that you removed J18 header and routed J17's <DC Jack>unused pin to
connect.
There's serious power +5V will collide with ground conditions must be
happended below:

  a) As long as usb  power cable plug in, it directly shorts to the GND if
the DC JACK is a type of Normal OPEN. even if using NORMAL CLOSE(once 2.1mm
plug-in).
  b) when mini-cable USB doesn't plug in, and DC JACK (if it's a NORMAL
OPEN)have +5V input works. later one USB power plug in, its usb +5V will be
forced to connect to GND caused DC JACK pin.

You might misunderstand the 3rd pin action of J17.

If keep your last design, it works well. Just need to _REMIND_ user that
using a mini-jumper to short J18 _ONLY_ at the same time to use either power
from USB or DC adapter. Or like Arduino it uses more components to solve
this to let user suffered from paying attention. Well this will cost more.
:)

The wiki bom will be changed follow you.

Other modifications on schematics and pcb design files are all good for [1]
except following items. If I didn't checked well, pls point it out.

   1, D10's footprint is still small, pls use a 0603.
   2, The fpga's extendable header's text is "J19" not J20.

Thanks,
Adam

[1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/developer/2010-July/003543.html