A scanner grayly

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:04:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 03:20:42PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
>   I may later also give MeshLab a try, which is written specifically
>   for turning 3D scans into something more useful:
>   http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/
This is what I planned to use. I think it's the most capable current program on
that.

You may want to try also some software from Stanford, like this:
http://www-graphics.stanford.edu/software/vrip/

About my scanner... I still don't have a good enough scanner ready, and it will
take a time for me to mount it. I'll report scans whenever I can.

I have an optical scanner, so I can do a scan in a few seconds, but I don't
think I'm going to reach the accuracy of your super-long scans. And light also
has the trouble of having a bit more of occlusions.

We do only fast 3D scanning, mostly for production line quality control, trying
to be as accurate as possible given the speed.

Regards,
Lluís.