U-Boot crashes when trying to boot microSD-card

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 17:20:29 EDT 2010

> Hi David

> could you test this[1] bin file. I have test with 4GB.SD, 8GB.SDHC,
> 512M.SD.  the bootloader will load "/boot/uImage" so make sure there
> is uImage in sd card "/boot" folder :)

> [1]
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/tmp/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.2010.07.07.bin

> give me some feedback. thanks.  if it works fine. I think it's time to
> update openwrt-xburst.git uboot-xburst. :)

Hi Xiangfu,

this one boots fine (when moving the kernel image back to /boot/uImage.)

Unfortunately the kernel then complains about "no init found".  Guess it
couldn't properly mount the debian root file system (mmc support is in a
module?)  But that's a completely different problem.  Maybe I'll have to
solder a serial adapter after all.  The boot logo makes it impossible to
see any more of the boot log.

Well, I guess I could still boot Debian by overwriting openwrt's
/bin/init with a shell script that chroots and execs the debian init.

cheers,

David