What software ports are really missing? (HNB port attached...)

mark adrian bell m487396 at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:10:28 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 8/7/10, jirka <jirka at penguin.cz> wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Here it is (see attachments). Please test if it works as
> expected.
>
> Thanks for the tip - I knew about the HNB but I never
> managed to
> try it.
>
> It seems to be unmanitained for a long time (since 2003).
> But it's probably a kind of application that our NanoNote
> needs:
> a powerfull and a versatile notetaking and ToDo
> application
> (yes, Vim with plugins can do the same and even much more
> but this
> seems to be more end-user friendly).
>
> Best regards,
> Jiri Brozovsky (jirka)

Hi Jiri,

Thanks - that's brilliant! HNB needs just slightly more space than our NN console provides, but it's still quite usable. My number one wish for the NN right now is for a slightly smaller console font. No need to go 80 columns, but slightly smaller would be good. Then we could use programs like Calcurse:

http://culot.org/calcurse/

I've modified the HNB config file .hnbrc to reduce the amount of indentation (frees up more screen space) and fix a couple of key-bindings.

Press f3 to insert a node under the current node at the same level.
Press f4 to delete a node

- mark