NanoNote as password storage - but what application?

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Thu Jul 15 11:51:33 EDT 2010

This is not an app as such but it should work OK on the Nano note.
It's on the command line but that's OK with many:) It's a GPG-based
Password Wallet described in:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9861?quicktabs_1=2

I have been using it on my desktop, laptop, and netbooks for some
time.  You need an editor of your choice and what confused me at
first, is that you just create whatever pattern you like in the
encrypted file for tracking passwords, login names, etc.  I currently
have over 100 entries in my wallet file:)  Its amazing how many one
needs!

I'm not a security expert nor am I "paranoid" about security, so I
can't judge how "good" the security of this script is.  However, it is
far better than writing it in an open file and light-years ahead of
just using one password everywhere!

I just tried moving what I have on my desktop to the Nanonote and I
got it to work.  I put the scripts in /usr/bin for now.  The
password-request display is a bit garbled, probably because n-curses
is either missing or under some other name, but it does take the
password.  I already had the system setup on my desktop so it took me
less than 30 minutes to move a copy to the Nanonote.

It's good enough for me but then I'm the kind of guy who opens about
15 terminals so I can work mostly at the command line on my desktop.

Hope this helps someone.

                       Delbert