gmenu2x on Ben: docs?

Mattes Sarcander info at risom.de
Fri Jul 16 12:17:54 EDT 2010

"Fernando Carello" <fcarello at libero.it> wrote:

> Maybe I'm just too dense, anyway I try to reformulate the
> question. :-)
>
> How is gmenu2x supposed to be used on the Ben?
> How do I select "Applications/Emulators/Games", since there are no
> "L" and "R" hard keys like on the gp2x? Why the only thing I get when
> I hit Enter (regardless which icon I select: GMenu2X, Skin,
> Wallpaper, Info) is gmenu2x config screen? How are you people are
> customizing this graphic launcher, if there's no Ben-related
> documentation about keys etc.?

Hi,
I stumbled at your message in the archives because I had the same
question :) I found the keys a bit unintuitive, too. As Xiangfu Liu has
already stated, the keys can be configured
in /usr/share/gmenu2x/input.conf.

Attached is a PC-ified version of the controls:
- Enter starts the application
- Tab switches between sections
- e allows to edit the selected entry
- esc cancels

I found out many keys by trial and error, and just before giving up to
find tab I found this page in the wiki:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Key_codes

Lesson learned: search first, only then use brute force :)

cheers,
Mattes

--

http://risom.de