change default font from 8x16 to 6x11

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sat Jul 17 03:10:59 EDT 2010

On 07/15/2010 01:10 AM, jirka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My personal opinion is that is is too small for comfort use.
> I would prefer slightly larger font like the 6x12 which is shown [1].

Hi Jirka

since in kernel[1] there is no 6x12 font buildin. so I will keep the 6x11 as compiled-in fonts. :)
(maybe I will test the 7x14 font. see which is much better for Ben)

we can add the 6x12 font to the official release.

Hi Marc

where you download the 6x12 and 4x8 font?
is them are .pcf fonts?
I would like make a package of them.

---
[1]
[*] Select compiled-in fonts
[ ]   VGA 8x8 font
[ ]   VGA 8x16 font
[*]   Mac console 6x11 font (not supported by all drivers)
[ ]   console 7x14 font (not supported by all drivers)
[ ]   Pearl (old m68k) console 8x8 font
[ ]   Acorn console 8x8 font
  [ ]   Mini 4x6 font
[ ] Sparc console 8x16 font
[ ] Sparc console 12x22 font (not supported by all drivers)
[ ] console 10x18 font (not supported by all drivers)

> By the way, OpenWR Makefile for Calcurse (the software shown in [1])
> is available in [2].
>
> jirka
>

> [1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2010-July/000957.html
> [2] http://en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2010-July/000976.html
>

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:14:29 +0800, Xiangfu Liu<xiangfu at sharism.cc>
> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> first thanks to Ornotermes@#qi-hardware.
>> he tried 6x11 font in Nanonote. with this font
>> the OpenWrt logo just fit the Nanonote screen :)
>>
>> so we decide change the font to 6x11. this will
>> goto next release.
>>
>> here are some screenshots:
>> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:6x11-font.png
>> http://gallery.slashhome.se/main.php?g2_itemId=2701&g2_imageViewsIndex=1