OH Photovoltaic Charger

Chris Troutner Chris.Troutner at PACCAR.com
Mon Jul 19 10:16:13 EDT 2010

If people were interested in pursuing this, you might want to check out
the Free Charge Controller project: http://www.freechargecontroller.org

This is a project that I am heading up and am in need of hardware and
software developers. The controller is basically a software controlled
buck converter. The board could easily be reprogrammed to output the
voltage necessary to charge a NanoNote.

I am currently in the process of making up 10 firmware development kits
(hardware is in place, but firmware still needs to be written).

Chris Troutner

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Castorina [mailto:marco.castorina at yahoo.it]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:56 AM
To: discussion at lists.qi-hardware.com
Subject: OH Photovoltaic Charger

Hi all,
 it's nice to see such an active and proposing community,
I think that what will bring this project further is the open-
discussion that wouldn't be possible in a "classic" company.

I have something to propose as well: what I really miss
for my laptop is a photovoltaic charger that would allow
me to use it in parks or open air in general (my laptop's
battery lasts only two hours). This is not a problem with
the Ben, as, from what I read, it lasts one day no problem.

But what about those places around the world that doesn't
have easy access to electricity (both developing countries
and remote regions such as mountains)? I thought then
that an Open Hardware photovoltaic charger could do the
job, making the NN more eco-friendly and allowing almost
everyone on earth to use it.

Just my two cents.

 --
Marco