gmenu2x on Ben: docs?

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Tue Jul 20 05:17:08 EDT 2010

Hi

attach is the input.conf.
I change the "edit" to F2. because it's very common
in desktop shortcut. F2 for change name :)

Please test this configure file. and give me some feedback.

just cp this file to "/usr/share/gmenu2x/"

some tips:
  when goto "Gmenu2x options" "SKin" "About"
  we need use "S" for saive.
but
  when goto "Wallpaper" we need use "Enter" for save.

On 07/17/2010 02:29 AM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> xiang fu, a perfect additon to next release :)
>
> 2010/7/16 Mattes Sarcander<info at risom.de>:
>> "Fernando Carello"<fcarello at libero.it>  wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I'm just too dense, anyway I try to reformulate the
>>> question. :-)
>>>
>>> How is gmenu2x supposed to be used on the Ben?
>>> How do I select "Applications/Emulators/Games", since there are no
>>> "L" and "R" hard keys like on the gp2x? Why the only thing I get when
>>> I hit Enter (regardless which icon I select: GMenu2X, Skin,
>>> Wallpaper, Info) is gmenu2x config screen? How are you people are
>>> customizing this graphic launcher, if there's no Ben-related
>>> documentation about keys etc.?
>>
>> Hi,
>> I stumbled at your message in the archives because I had the same
>> question :) I found the keys a bit unintuitive, too. As Xiangfu Liu has
>> already stated, the keys can be configured
>> in /usr/share/gmenu2x/input.conf.
>>
>> Attached is a PC-ified version of the controls:
>> - Enter starts the application
>> - Tab switches between sections
>> - e allows to edit the selected entry
>> - esc cancels
>>
>> I found out many keys by trial and error, and just before giving up to
>> find tab I found this page in the wiki:
>> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Key_codes
>>
>> Lesson learned: search first, only then use brute force :)
>>
>> cheers,
>> Mattes
>>
>> --
>>
>> http://risom.de