GForth ported to nanonote

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Jul 27 04:14:24 EDT 2010

> On 07/27/2010 06:12 AM, David Kuehling wrote:
>> he OpenWrt source package used for compilation is here (work in
>> progress):
>>
>> http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/freesvn/trunk/openwrt/gforth/

> Hi

> I add the "Makefile" and "files" to openwrt. but I got a error when
> compile:

> ---- xiangfu at openmobilefree:~/workspace/PanGu/openwrt-xburst$ make
> package/gforth/compile V=99 Collecting package info: done make[1]:
> Entering directory `/home/xiangfu/workspace/PanGu/openwrt-xburst'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `package//host/compile', needed by
> `package/feeds/xiangfu/gforth/compile'.  Stop.  make[1]: Leaving
> directory `/home/xiangfu/workspace/PanGu/openwrt-xburst' make: ***
> [package/gforth/compile] Error 2

To be honest, I don't yet know how to fix that. Compiling via

  make -C packages/gforth host-compile compile V=99 TOPDIR=$(pwd)

works for me.  But not via

  make packages/gforth/compile V=99

then I get that error.

I think it is caused by the dependency to the 'host-compile' step,
introduced by

  PKG_BUILD_DEPENDS:= gforth/host libldtl/host

Other packages like 'lua' use similar build dependencies, and for those
it works?  If I drop the build-dependency, I have to manually trigger
the host-compile step, else 'make packages/gforth/compile' fails due to
the missing host-forth.

I'm new to openwrt, and the build system is really hard to debug for me.
I mean, I can't even generate and see the Makefile generated via all the
$(call)s so I'm basically blind when looking for these errors.

Going to look into the issue.

cheers,

David