multitasking: music with dosbox

jirka jirka at penguin.cz
Tue Jul 27 09:30:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:16:32 +0300, jussi <haverinen.jussi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> possible to
> run GMU with dosbox when launched from gmenu or do you have to use
shell?

I'm not sure if it is even possible to run DosBox + GMU at one time (if
fails for me).

However, you can run the GMU and "imgv" or "nupdf" at one time
(try Ctrl+Alt+F? to switch the running apps - the F? will be probably F6
and F7).
I just tried this (but without the gmenu2x, I don't use it).

If you want to run GMU in backround you can. But it is recommended to turn
off GMU screensaver.

Just edit the file /home/root/.config/gmu/gmu.naonote.conf and change
line SecondsUntilBacklightPowerOff=15 to SecondsUntilBacklightPowerOff=15

> Also I'm guessing SDL runs on framebuffer/svga lib, it's been years
since

It runs on framebuffer, of course.

> used it, was it possible to use other virtual consoles when something
> graphical was running?

Ctrl+Alt+F1

> Also how is the mouse emulation done on dosbox (+´others)?

As far as I know, there is no mouse emulation at the moment.

jirka