Questions about FPGA

Gladys Gladys yuhui.b at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 04:33:16 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I ‘m studying the Elphel project and here I have some questions. What I'm
trying to do is:

First I want to setup the interface between sensor and FPGA, get images from
sensor and send them into FPGA; then I want to do some image processing in
FPGA.

I just have a CMOS sensor with demo board, but I don't have the FPGA. Is
there any way I can test my Verilog code to make sure if it satisfies my
purpose? I am using ModelSim to do some simulation but I don't think it
works as I don't have realtime image output from sensor.

Another question is should the image processing be done after I store each
frame of image in the memory? Or it's done simultaneously when FPGA receives
the images? Your helps will be highly appreciated, Thanks.

Yuhui