JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:17:27 EDT 2010

Greetings,

We are _proud_ to announce the beta testing of the JLime userland "Muffinman".
http://jlime.com/mw4/index.php/Jlime_Muffinman for the Qi-hardware Ben Nanonote handheld.

Its still in development (and thus can change abit in coming weeks), but it is
considerd useful for the average user/developer.

This release is intended to be put on an micro-sd card (Not NAND, although it might work fine).

Content
-------
The goodies included are among others:
Bash, Vim, Micro-emacs, Mplayer, Xorg interface, Fbdev, Abiword, opkg package management
and loads of more stuff.

Repository:
-----------
Is available at http://jlime.com/downloads/repository/muffinman/ipk/
contains 14000+ packages (1,5 GB)

Userland:
---------
Its based on kernel 2.6.34 (from qi-kernel git, branch jz-2.6.34), this
combined with our muffinman-image.bb file for OpenEmbedded.

Feedback and Bugreporting
We would also appreciate if bugs were posted inside our bugtracker
http://jlime.com/bugtracker
If you just have suggestions or questions, please, use the forum for Muffinman:
http://jlime.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=115

This release wouldnt have been possible without the eager work of Rafael Zurita,
who is also the head maintainer.

This release is in no way affiliated with Qi-hardware. And as a distribution
it is used without any warranty.

Best wishes
The JLime Team