JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:52:50 EDT 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 01:32:14PM +0000, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Kristoffer and JLiMe team,
> wow congratulations!

Thanks ! :)

> > Its based on kernel 2.6.34 (from qi-kernel git, branch jz-2.6.34), this
> > combined with our muffinman-image.bb file for OpenEmbedded.
>
> So you are the first to release an image based on the 2.6.34 kernel, nice!
> I'm assuming the JLiMe image can play patented codecs?

We already know that the Qi NN official project should not include
patented codecs stuff. So I think, like David already suggested,
that we are not going to talk about if Jlime includes patented codecs
players (if there are) in Qi public mailing lists. Sorry if we did before.

We want to cooperate in just free software Linux stuff for the
Ben Nanonote pocket computer.

> I will post something
> to the wiki and mailing list soon on how we (copyleft hardware manufacturers
> and distributors) plan to handle this.

Great!. That would be really useful, so we do not make mistakes when,
for example, we edit Qi wiki pages.

Regards

--
Rafael Ignacio Zurita