JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 10:31:24 EDT 2010

Wait. This jlime release offers full x to the nanonote? I've been looking
into light window managers that would play nice on the nano, and I'm
starting to narrow it down. How hard would it be to hack the cursor buttons
to move a mouse cursor, maybe use the volume buttons for l/r click? Also,
when looking at wms, should we use things that are designed from the ground
up for mobility (matchbox), or light systems we'd use on a desktop
(blackbox, windowlab, openbox, jwm)? I would love to get your take on this,
guys, if we can get x running, and a few more crucial apps, the ya release
might be one of the most important releases in free hardware history!

On Jun 14, 2010 10:11 AM, "Wolfgang Spraul" <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

Rafa,

> We already know that the Qi NN official project should not include
> patented codecs stuff. So I ...

> Great!. That would be really useful, so we do not make mistakes when,
> for example, we edit Qi wi...
You guys please feel totally free. Would be a shame if the patent parasites
also limited our freedom of speech.
The requirement to remove links is a legal requirement that only affects
distributors of hardware in patent affected countries. Of course we will
comply so that our distributors there are not held accountible for
infringing on patents (specifically we are aware of MP3, MPEG4 and H.264
right now).

So basically - if you email links (URLs) to the list, or add them to the
wiki, or mention them in IRC, me or others will remove those links from
the mailing list archives or the wiki or the irclogs. But that shouldn't
stop you from talking, neither on your own channels nor via these mailing
lists, until now afaik an infringement case could only be brought forward
if we would not take down infringing links, but we don't have to completely
stop free speech. mailman and the smtp protocol keep up and running, so
does IRC, twitter, etc.

Keep talking! :-)
And congrats again for this great JLiMe release, even if it's just beta now
:-)
Wolfgang