JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 10:37:06 EDT 2010

Oh, by the way, sorry if I'm sort of slow to pick up on stuff. I tend to get
ahead of myself a lot, but I really appreciate you guys putting up with me,
I love listening in on your conversations. I may not have done much with my
nanonote yet (I mostly use it to play powder/quake/doom and listen to oggs,
I love the super speaker in it!), but I really want to learn, and this group
is filled with some of the best of the best, the coolest of the cool when it
comes to developing, so I really like listening to you guys discuss this
stuff, even if I don't quite get it all yet. Sorry for the long wall of
text, but...
Tl;dr you guys are awesome, thanks for putting up with me

On Jun 14, 2010 10:11 AM, "Wolfgang Spraul" <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

Rafa,

> We already know that the Qi NN official project should not include
> patented codecs stuff. So I ...

> Great!. That would be really useful, so we do not make mistakes when,
> for example, we edit Qi wi...
You guys please feel totally free. Would be a shame if the patent parasites
also limited our freedom of speech.
The requirement to remove links is a legal requirement that only affects
distributors of hardware in patent affected countries. Of course we will
comply so that our distributors there are not held accountible for
infringing on patents (specifically we are aware of MP3, MPEG4 and H.264
right now).

So basically - if you email links (URLs) to the list, or add them to the
wiki, or mention them in IRC, me or others will remove those links from
the mailing list archives or the wiki or the irclogs. But that shouldn't
stop you from talking, neither on your own channels nor via these mailing
lists, until now afaik an infringement case could only be brought forward
if we would not take down infringing links, but we don't have to completely
stop free speech. mailman and the smtp protocol keep up and running, so
does IRC, twitter, etc.

Keep talking! :-)
And congrats again for this great JLiMe release, even if it's just beta now
:-)
Wolfgang