JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:02:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:31:24AM -0400, James Xakh Lynch wrote:
> Wait. This jlime release offers full x to the nanonote? I've been looking
> into light window managers that would play nice on the nano, and I'm
> starting to narrow it down. How hard would it be to hack the cursor buttons
> to move a mouse cursor, maybe use the volume buttons for l/r click? Also,
> when looking at wms, should we use things that are designed from the ground
> up for mobility (matchbox), or light systems we'd use on a desktop
> (blackbox, windowlab, openbox, jwm)? I would love to get your take on this,
> guys, if we can get x running, and a few more crucial apps, the ya release
> might be one of the most important releases in free hardware history!

X is already in Muffinman rootfs. Check the documentation in
http://jlime.com/mw4/index.php/Jlime_Muffinman

Anyway, if you want to run X, just install Jlime and
export DISPLAY=:0.0
Xfbdev -screen 320x240x32 -rgba rgb -br -hide-cursor

(It is more comfortable if you set the network first,
so you can test remotely.)

Somebody already tested the Abiword on Jlime feed :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCoCciVicY

And there are, at least, fluxbox, openbox, matchbox to install
(using opkg install..).

Cursor buttons as mouse cursor movements : it should be easy.
I have written a similar app for GameRunner which sends X
events (mouse, keys) when you use touchscreen or accelerometers.
Somebody should write the same, just for the kery, to send
mouse X events. Tip: check xdotool source code, or GR game control.

Regards.

--
Rafael Ignacio Zurita