JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:21:29 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM, James "Xakh" Lynch
<superstuff7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wait. This jlime release offers full x to the nanonote? I've been looking
> into light window managers that would play nice on the nano, and I'm
> starting to narrow it down. How hard would it be to hack the cursor buttons
> to move a mouse cursor, maybe use the volume buttons for l/r click? Also,
> when looking at wms, should we use things that are designed from the ground
> up for mobility (matchbox), or light systems we'd use on a desktop
> (blackbox, windowlab, openbox, jwm)? I would love to get your take on this,
> guys, if we can get x running, and a few more crucial apps, the ya release
> might be one of the most important releases in free hardware history!

I have not yet tested Jlime, but I use Xfbdev on Debian, with
ratpoison, and I'm quite happy with it.
For cursor keys You have many ways to achieve it. The lower layer is
accessX, I achieved to use it on Xorg, but Xorg (+fbdev) is too big
for nn ram, and the cursor movement are very slow. I cannot presently
achieve the same thing on Xfbdev, I still try to understand why.
(Jlime people did you have got that?).
For dealing with cursor movement at the level of wm, it's quite easy,
it works very well in ratpoison, and I use it. I'm sure that it would
also work with dwm, awesome, fluxbox or any window manager that is
tailored to bind keys to actions.

Marc