HopeRF feedback

JDH services jaydeeaich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:16:48 EDT 2010

On 6/22/10, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:
> JDH services wrote:
>  > What is this 'protocol' you speak of?
>

> Basically all the things these chips constrain. I.e., modulation,
>  frequencies, packet structure. I agree, "protocol" isn't a good
>  name for this, it's more a bag of building blocks that may or may
>  not be compatible with somebody else's bag of building blocks.
>

>  > How many Physical Layer dongles have you seen?
>

> With the board you mentioned, that's already one and a half :-)

The Rip Roar Instant Messenger
used the same modules.

the Silicon labs RF layers aren't some industry's standard you find in
tons and tons of products.  No one is going to mass produce a Silicon
labs RF dongle and sell it directly to consumers..

You can't even find phy level dongles for Bluetooth, WiFi, or even raw
IEEE 802.15.4 dongles

Sincerely,
Panthera Tigris Altaica