Simple Cross Compiling Question

elcalamartevigila elcalamartevigila at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:40:19 EDT 2010

On 21:52, Tue 22 Jun 10, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> 2010/6/22 Jason Self <jason at librewrt.org>:
> > Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> >
> >> You actually tried that
> >
> > I did.
> Man then you have most lazy BNN out there :P

lol, ~187x lower than mine... I would complain :p

Just for the fun:

gcc hwc.c -o hwc

real    0m1.612s
user    0m1.230s
sys     0m0.380s

g++ hw.cc -o hw

real    0m18.688s
user    0m11.150s
sys     0m7.070s

that's only around 30 times the time it takes on my main machine (1.6ghz, 2gb ram) for the C case, ~40 c++. But still not 5 min :)

helloworld in python:

root at nano:/tmp/hw# time python -c "print('Hello world')"
Hello world

real    0m0.357s
user    0m0.250s
sys     0m0.100s

that's only ~8x.

next time I compile "real" stuff I'll try to time it.

(mostly doing very lightweight fb stuff on debian, thought).

> --
> David Reyes Samblas Martinez
> http://www.tuxbrain.com
> Open ultraportable & embedded solutions