80-column text for the Ben NanoNote

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sun Jun 27 07:39:39 EDT 2010

Hi Neil

form the python file. I guess the "more80.py" (I am not good in python )
is cut the un-fuzzy-font.png then display it.

we need find a 4x8 console font file.copy the font to /usr/share/consolefonts/
then:
  #setfont FONTNAME

I found there is debian package: ttf-atarismall-2.1, it's 4x8 font.
but it's X11 font :
   $ file atari-small.bdf
       atari-small.bdf: X11 BDF font text
   $ file atari-small.sfd
       atari-small.sfd: Spline Font Database  version 2.0

but we need psf font format in NanoNote framebuffer console
I have no idea how to convert the bdf/sfd to psf format :(

Hi Mirko
how about select [setfont] and [loadfont] in BusyBox?
I just notice those are not select by OpenWrt default.

On 06/26/2010 09:45 PM, neil at dist.ro wrote:

> Sorry I don't know if this is old news or not but this is a demo of 80-column
> text on the Ben NanoNote:
>
>    http://amadeus.dist.ro/more80/
>
> It's a demo of two things:
>
>   + A 4x8 pixel font yielding 80-column text
>   + A font designed specifically for the NanoNote's offset pixels
>
> How can I use this font for the console on the NanoNote?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - neil

Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu