Contributing with compiled packages

Magnus Bergman magnusbe at algonet.se
Sun Jun 27 19:46:58 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:20:27 -0500
Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Magnus Bergman wrote:
>
> > I have compiled Sarien and FreeSCI to play my old Sierra Adventure
> > Games, and the Nanonote is really perfect for this task.
>
> That’s awesome.
>
> Are they available as openwrt packages?  If not, I think that is
> the thing to do: see [1] for some examples.

I made an ipk-package for Sarien (and will do the same for FreeSCI as
soon as I manage to fix a few Nanonote specific problems). Or did you
mean if it's ported to the openwrt build system and available in the
main openwrt source repository? Then the answer is no, and I'm not
prepared to do that extra work either. But I could send my patches to
someone else who is, if that's the way it needs to be done.

> Once they are included in openwrt, I think it might make sense to
> include them on the default image.

The thing is that while these two pieces of software are very well
suited for the Nanonote (use low resolution, depend on a keyboard,
works without a mouse), and my patches and compiled binaries are pretty
much Nanonote specific. On most other openwrt xburst targets (I don't
even know which devices that might be) they may not even make sense.