Contributing with compiled packages

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sun Jun 27 22:16:36 EDT 2010

2010/6/28 Magnus Bergman <magnusbe at algonet.se>:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:20:27 -0500
> Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Magnus Bergman wrote:
>>
>> > I have compiled Sarien and FreeSCI to play my old Sierra Adventure
>> > Games, and the Nanonote is really perfect for this task.
>>
>> That’s awesome.
>>
>> Are they available as openwrt packages?  If not, I think that is
>> the thing to do: see [1] for some examples.
>
> I made an ipk-package for Sarien (and will do the same for FreeSCI as
> soon as I manage to fix a few Nanonote specific problems). Or did you
> mean if it's ported to the openwrt build system and available in the
> main openwrt source repository? Then the answer is no, and I'm not
> prepared to do that extra work either. But I could send my patches to
> someone else who is, if that's the way it needs to be done.
>
>> Once they are included in openwrt, I think it might make sense to
>> include them on the default image.
>
> The thing is that while these two pieces of software are very well
> suited for the Nanonote (use low resolution, depend on a keyboard,
> works without a mouse), and my patches and compiled binaries are pretty
> much Nanonote specific. On most other openwrt xburst targets (I don't
> even know which devices that might be) they may not even make sense.

Magnus , basically if you have the source url and the patches the work
of port to openwrt or at least to qi-hardware repository of extra
packages is almost done, just make this two pieces of
information(source url and patches) aviable any place and me or or
other openwrt "packager" will do the rest, btw here[1] you will find a
way to enable a virtual mouse using the keys of BNN

Regards

[1]http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Virtual_mouse

--
David Reyes Samblas Martinez